Healthcare: how and where barristers can advise
The healthcare sector is covered by many areas of law. If you have a legal issue that is associated in one form or another with healthcare, myBarrister can put you in touch with barristers who are experts in the subject. Among the legal issues that arise in healthcare are:
- Regulatory, Governance and Disciplinary: Governing bodies in which barristers have expertise include:
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- General Dental Council (GDC)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- General Optical Council (GOC)
- General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- General Osteopathic Council (GOsC)
- General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- The College of Occupational Therapists
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Medical Negligence: in cases of negligence or malpractice by healthcare professionals, barristers can advise and represent clients.
- Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury: these are cases where negligence on the part of doctors or surgeons leads to harm to patients. Barristers on myBarrister have extensive experience in advising on cases of clinical negligence.
- Court of Protection: which make decisions on financial or welfare matters for people who can’t make decisions at the time they need to be made (because they “lack mental capacity”).
- Fitness to practice: involving issues not just of healthcare professionals practicing safely and effectively but also covering such matters as public protection and confidence in the profession.
- Inquests: if medical or clinical negligence results in death, there may be an inquest into the reasons and to determine who is at fault. Your barrister can advise and represent family members or others.
myBarrister barristers are also expert in commercially related aspects of healthcare, including contracts, joint ventures and employment.
Barristers can advise NHS Foundation Trusts and public bodies, as well as individual practitioners and healthcare businesses, on whatever legal issue they have and however complex.
Why should I choose a barrister?
If you think you need expert legal advice on a healthcare-related legal issue, myBarrister can put you in direct touch with a barrister who is an expert. Barristers can advise you on the strength of your case, draft legal documents and advise on all formal proceedings, as well as representing you in tribunals, in public inquests or in court, if that becomes necessary.
Who is the best barrister for me?
If you need expert advice on a legal healthcare matter, choose a barrister on myBarrister. Barristers will provide you with guidance so you that you know where you stand and can take the right decisions about what to do next.