I pride myself on delivering exceptional service, whether through advice, drafting or advocacy. I am efficient and able to work to tight deadlines. Clients appreciate my personal and pragmatic approach. I fully understand the pressures of modern business and litigation. Subject to direct access restrictions, I am able to work closely with litigants in person from the beginning to the end of a case to achieve peace of mind.
I make extensive use of modern IT, thereby enabling me to be accessible, productive and innovative in my practice. If you call or email me, I will respond within 24 hours.
I am able to assist individuals and companies in the below areas. My involvement can be at any stage, from initial business advice to representation at court.
I can conduct appeals and deal with the costs of legal proceedings.
Matters Concerning Companies and Partnerships
1. Formation of companies including financing.
2. Corporate governance and transactions.
3. Directors’ appointment, duties, remuneration, liabilities, removal and disqualification.
4. Shareholder rights and remedies, including derivative claims.
5. Drafting and advising on contracts including loans, guarantees and security.
1. Claims by or against companies or individuals in respect of any business or consumer matter.
2. Insurance claims.
3. Recovery or reduction of claims relating to legal costs.
4. Enforcement proceedings following judgments and realisation of security.
1. Re: Turner – Drafted mortgage for parties looking to finance property deal.
2. Pro-Lab v Davies – Secured £250,000+ judgment for lender in 2-day Multi Track trial on enforceability of consent orders and personal loans in light of consumer credit legislation.
Cornish v Wellington – Direct access multi track matter relating to website design, PPC and SEO. Assisted resolution of claim on favourable terms following Defence, Part 18 questions and mediation.
Re: Tyburn v Northwood – High Court appeal relating to recoverability of legal costs.
Singh v Manku– High Court enforcement of private mortgage via order for sale.
I came to the Bar in 2011 after spending 4 years in a national solicitors’ firm as an advocate. I combine a wealth of experience with a business-focused attitude. I understand what the clients want and how to deliver it.
When not working, I enjoy cooking (badly), health and fitness (occasionally), 80s action films (almost exclusively) and music (don’t ask).
Professional & academic
LLB (Hons), First Class – University of Kingston
Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent (Outstanding in Ethics and Negotiation) – BPP Law School, Holborn
• Harmsworth Scholar of Middle Temple (2009)
• Bar Vocational Course Scholarship (2009)
• 1st place, Surrey Universities’ Negotiation Cup (2008)
• 1st place, Kingston University negotiation Competition (2008)
• 1st place, Kingston University Negotiation Competition (2008)
Called to the Bar of England and Wales, Middle Temple (2011)
Called to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean (2012)