I regularly advise on, and represent clients in, probate matters. A number of my clients are professional executors, whom I advise on issues such as:
- fiduciary duties
- validity and interpretation of Wills
- cross-border issues (e.g. where there are assets in another jurisdiction)
- actions under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- procedure (contentious and non-contentious)
In practical terms, the sorts of issues I have dealt with have included:
- invalidation of Wills for lack of capacity or undue influence
- actions by the Estate against predatory lenders
- imposter beneficiaries and fraudulent Wills
- advising executors on dealing with difficult beneficiaries
What my clients say
"Patrick Boch has been providing us with legal counsel for many years and has always done so with exemplary professionalism. Amongst his many talents is his ability to process complex issues of varying subject matter, as well as the ability to learn and adapt to any new challenges that he may encounter. He brings a calm, focused, intelligent and sober analysis and thought to every assignment that he undertakes. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of high quality legal advice in various areas, including but not limited to Corporate, Tax, Business Agreements, Health Care, Data Protection and Technology."
"Excellent, reliable, confidential. A pleasure to work with..."
"Patrick is an outstanding legal professional. Highly recommended."
"Patrick did an excellent job with a fairly complex tax question. He helped me to understand first what I should be asking, and then second, answering my questions in a way that gave me confidence he had considered all of the possibilities and done a thorough job investigating them."
Professional & academic
2008, Inner Temple
2012, Bombay High Court (India)
LL.B. (Hons) Law, University of Buckingham (2007)
Cand. jur. (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen (2015)
Public Access Accredited
Fluent: Danish, Polish and Hindi
Intermediate: Spanish and German
Revenue Bar Association
Chancery Bar Association