Social Housing

myBarrister barristers are experts in all aspects of social housing – whether you are a company or developer engaged in constructing housing designed for social housing tenants, or acting for public authorities, housing associated and landlords renting out social housing, or for tenants, who need advice on their rights.

For landlords, barristers can advise on:

  • Housing strategy, policy and procedure
  • Anti-social behaviour
  • Disrepair and housing conditions
  • Homelessness and allocations
  • Management and policy
  • Possession and eviction
  • Rents and service charges


For tenants, barristers can advise on:

  • Repairs, whether to be carried out by the landlord or to do the improvements yourself
  • The right to stay in your home
  • If you are a Local Authority tenant, the right to vote to transfer to another landlord
  • Buying your own home
  • Unlawful eviction


Who is the best barrister for me?   

If you need expert advice on any social housing matter, choose a barrister on myBarrister. Barristers will provide you with guidance so you that you know where you stand and can take the right decisions about what to do next. We can put you in touch with a barrister who can advise you on any proceedings that you need to take or defend.


Request callback