I am available to assist both personal and business clients in all matters concerning wills, trusts and probate. I can offer both non-contentious advice (that is where there is no dispute and you need help with making sure the legal words are exactly right) and assistance on contentious matters (where there is an argument or dispute and you need expert advice on how to resolve the dispute).
Contentious Trust/Probate Work
All manner of disputes can arise when it comes to people’s estates and, among other issues, I am able to advise on:
1. Claims by beneficiaries against a trust or trustees.
2. Claims by third parties against a trust.
3. Applications by trustees for directions.
4. Removal or substitution of trustees.
5. Interest actions, namely disputes concerning the interest of someone claiming an entitlement to a grant of some kind in connection with the estate of a deceased person.
6. Claims to pronounce for or against a Will in solemn form.
7. Claims for revocation of a grant already made.
8. Claims regarding mutual Wills and proprietary estoppel.
9. Applications for administration of an estate pending a probate claim.
10. Issues relating to intestacy.
Although I am by profession an advocate, my goal is to find the most cost-effective and least stressful solution to a problem. Litigation is not always the answer. Whatever the answer is, I will help you find it.
All of my fees are fixed in advance of work being done.
I pride myself on delivering exceptional service, whether through advice, drafting or advocacy. I am efficient and able to work to tight deadlines. Clients appreciate my personal and pragmatic approach. I fully understand the pressures of modern business and litigation. Subject to direct access restrictions, I am able to work closely with litigants in person from the beginning to the end of a case to achieve peace of mind.
I make extensive use of modern IT, thereby enabling me to be accessible, productive and innovative in my practice. If you call or email me, I will respond within 24 hours.
I am able to assist individuals and companies in the below areas. My involvement can be at any stage, from initial advice to representation at court. I can conduct appeals and deal with the costs of legal proceedings.
Professional Negligence Specialisms
1. Claims by or against professionals in respect of negligence matters.
2. Claims against lawyers.
3. Clinical negligence.
4. Recovery or reduction of claims relating to legal costs.
5. Enforcement proceedings following judgments.
1. Ahmed v Evans – Securing 100% settlement for ex-client of solicitors firm. Utilisation of metadata to uncover solicitors’ forged documents.
2.Draper-Jones v EPEM – Represented defendant direct access in clinical negligence claim. Drafted defence, witness statements and avoided strike out for breach of directions on day of trial.
3. Assimeh v P Solicitors – Assisting former client of solicitors to pursue them for losses caused by negligence.
4. RE: BG Limited – representing classic car manufacturers in mediation to secure favourable settlement in respect of allegedly defective goods.
Cornish v Wellington – Direct access multi track matter relating to website design, PPC and SEO. Assisted resolution of claim on favourable terms following Defence, Part 18 questions and WOP meeting.
I came to the Bar in 2011 after spending 4 years in a national solicitors’ firm as an advocate. I combine a wealth of experience with a business-focused attitude. I understand what the clients want and how to deliver it.
When not working, I enjoy cooking (badly), health and fitness (occasionally), 80s action films (almost exclusively) and music (don’t ask).
Professional & academic
LLB (Hons), First Class – University of Kingston
Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent (Outstanding in Ethics and Negotiation) – BPP Law School, Holborn
• Harmsworth Scholar of Middle Temple (2009)
• Bar Vocational Course Scholarship (2009)
• 1st place, Surrey Universities’ Negotiation Cup (2008)
• 1st place, Kingston University negotiation Competition (2008)
• 1st place, Kingston University Negotiation Competition (2008)
Called to the Bar of England and Wales, Middle Temple (2011)
Called to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean (2012)