Matthew has wide-ranging civil/commercial experience with particular emphasis on agency disputes, consumer credit, enforcement of judgments, interim relief applications including freezing injunctions, misrepresentation, partnership disputes, sale of goods and services, and undue influence/duress.
Matthew also has expertise in a wide range of property matters and general civil/commercial litigation. He has appellate experience in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
Recent work includes
- advising a number of clients in relation to claims for fraudulent misrepresentation arising from property purchases.
- advising and appearing for a landlord with a number of mortgage issues relating to her property portfolio, and the proposed sale thereof.
- advising and appearing for a home-owner in respect of the faulty installation of a sophisticated security system at his luxury home.
- a successful claim for judicial review in a housing case coupled with an application for a High Court interim injunction
What my clients say
- “Matthew has experience in all aspects of property work, whether commercial or residential. He is equally experienced in general contractual disputes, and mental health work”
Professional & academic
- Property Bar Association (PBA)
- Constitutional & Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- Chancery Bar Association (CHBA)
- BA Joint Hons French/Italian (Manchester)
- Dip. Law (University of Westminster)