Robert is recognised as a leading junior in Chambers UK and the Legal 500 where is he described as being 'tenaciously brilliant'. Clients say he is “extremely bright”, an “excellent advocate” and “great in conference”.
Robert has been working on Data Protection and Information Law issues for more than a decade. He appreciates the concerns that arise under the GDPR, the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act 2018 and is good at finding practical and workable solutions. He has a detailed understanding of the particular challenges that arise when personal data is held on cloud based storage.
Robert aims to prevent data protection concerns becoming overwhelming by assisting his clients to have rigorous systems in place.
Robert is particularly able to a assist with:
- Responding to requests made under the GDPR (including subject access requests and requests for deletion or rectification).
- Consideration of the manner in which personal data is held on a cloud or as part of networked infrastructure.
- Acting in Information Rights cases in the First Tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal and High Court.
- Assessing potential data breaches and advising on whether the Information Commissioner ought to be notified.
- Assisting with the design of privacy notices, Data Protection policies and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).