Zubair Mughal is an immigration, family and civil barrister with a particular expertise in seeking and obtaining permission to appeal (to the Upper Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal).
Zubair previously worked for the Home Office as a presenting officer; where he was required to represent the Home Office at the First Tier Tribunal (IAC). Having this experience, Zubair is often asked to advise his clients in relation to immigration matters from the "perspective of the Home Office".
Zubair has also gained substantial experience in the County Courts. He regularly represents clients in family and civil matters at all stages of proceedings.
Zubair's approach is simple and transparent. The initial telephone consultation with any prospective client is free. During this consultation, Zubair will discuss the necessary legal steps required to be undertaken, along with a quote for his services.
By doing so, the client is clear as to what they are instructing Zubair to do, and what service they should expect to receive.
- Appeals/ applications
- Asylum and human rights
- Judicial review
- Permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal and Court of Appeal
- Applications for permission to apply for judicial review
- Private children cases
- All fact-finding hearings
- All final hearings
- Applications for prohibited steps orders
- Applications for non-molestation orders
- Applications for child arrangement orders
- Matrimonial finance proceedings
- Child abduction cases
- Applications for wardship orders
- Applications for return orders
- Applications for passport orders
- Permission to appeal to the High Court and Court of Appeal
- Small Claims, Fast Track and Multi Track claims
- All ancillary applications in the county court and high court.
- Personal injury claims
- Opinions on quantum
- Personal injury infant settlement hearings
- Personal injury Stage 3 disposal hearings
- CICA appeals to the First Tier Tribunal
- Landlord and tenant matters
Zubair is qualified to accept instructions directly from the public. This means that members of the public can instruct him directly without going through a solicitor.
In his spare time, Zubair enjoys playing football. Having represented his local borough in the London Youth Games of 2012, he is also an avid cyclist.
Zubair also has a growing interest in history and Urdu poetry.
What my clients say
“(…) He explained the issues succinctly and clearly and immediately identified the important point upon which the appeal was eventually allowed. His client had actually already been deported to Holland and had come back for the appeal. His client was immediately detained when he arrived back in the UK, so there were those added complications. He was extremely well prepared and made everyone feel at ease. (…)” (Judge)
“Your legal services to us are outstanding.” (Solicitor)
“We instructed him on various occasions, and he has proven himself a fearless barrister.” (Solicitor)
“I would recommend Zubair to every law firm for immigration matters due to his services and expert advice.” (Solicitor)