I am a former NHS healthcare professional. Since qualifying as a barrister in 2009, I have specialised solely in professional regulatory law and have been instructed to act in hundreds of cases before tribunals and the High Court.
I have extensive experience of advising and representing across the full range of healthcare regulatory proceedings including those before the NMC, GMC, GDC, HCPC, GOC, GOSc, and NHSE.
I have recent experience of advising and representing medical practitioners in matters involving complex clinical concerns, serious dishonesty as well as sexual misconduct within MPTS proceedings.
Why choose me?
- Specialist barrister
- Free initial consultation in order to better understand your requirements
- Fees fixed in advance
- Former NHS healthcare professional
- National coverage
I am highly approachable and responsive through the life of a case (including evenings and weekends if required).
Following your enquiry I will speak with you as soon as possible and when convenient for you. This will enable me to better understand the assistance that you require and determine if the case is suitable for public access.
Please look at the section below to see what previous clients have said about me.
I am highly approachable, responsive, and pragmatic and am able to assist with the following:
- All aspects of professional disciplinary law / professional regulatory law
- Responding to allegations at the investigatory stage
- Advising on alternative disposal and voluntary removal
- Interim order hearings and applications to extend interim orders in the High Court
- All types of case including misconduct, health, convictions, unacceptable professional conduct, lack of competence, deficient professional performance
- Appeals against committee decisions
- Registration appeals
- Restoration hearings
Since qualifying as a Barrister in 2009, I have been instructed to act in hundreds of cases before tribunals and the High Court.
Prior to becoming a self-employed barrister at Clerksroom Chambers, I was employed as a barrister and Senior Associate within Blake Morgan's professional disciplinary team, ranked as a Legal 500 Tier 1 firm in the field.
I have also previously worked as a regulatory advocate and Senior Lawyer at the Nursing and Midwifery Council where for a period I was Head of Investigations.
Before being called to the Bar, I worked as a qualified healthcare practitioner. This has given me exceptional insight into the difficulties encountered and the experiences of those working in a range of professions, particularly those allied to healthcare
What my clients say
"...From the outset Chris [Pataky] understood the complexities of my case and answered my questions using language that I found easy to understand. Chris is very professional, and he has a very kind manner which put me at ease...Chris’s advice was invaluable and his skilful representations on my behalf were successful in avoiding a full NMC hearing. Thanks to Chris I can continue without restrictions in my nursing career..." Healthcare Practitioner
"You have been amazing and I couldn't have chosen a better barrister than you Chris. I will definitely be getting in touch with you Chris in the future for more assistance if needed as I am happy and confident you will provide the best service. Thank you so so much for your help, your time and how you've been there during this difficult process for me". Healthcare Practitioner
"Thank you so much for all the hard work and dedication you have put into my case I really appreciate everything. You couldn’t of been better in representing me and you really are brilliant at what you do. You... got us a really good result that I am really pleased with so thank you so much, without your help I would not be in the positive position I am now in". Healthcare Practitioner
Professional & academic
- Direct Access accredited by the Bar Standards Board
- Bar Vocational Course – The College of Law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law – The College of Law
- MSc. Mental Health Studies - King's College London
- Member - The Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)