Ian is an accomplished and fearless practitioner who fights every case with great passion and skill. He is excellent at communicating and building a rapport allowing worried clients to be at ease.
Whether in the Magistrates' Court, Crown Court, or Court of Appeal, Ian’s attention to detail and assertive advocacy wins the trust of clients, whilst his honest, pragmatic and comprehensive approach regularly leads to repeat instructions.
If you are accused of a road traffic offence you will need representation by a specialist with unrivalled experience and an excellent knowledge of road traffic law. Ian can defend you on a wide range of Road Traffic Act offences including:
- Drink and drug driving;
- Totting disqualifications (with an excellent record in making successful 'exceptional hardship' applications);
- Careless or dangerous driving;
- Using a mobile phone whilst driving;
- Causing death or serious injury;
- Failing to provide driver details;
- Failure to stop or report an accident;
- No insurance or driving licence;
- Special reasons applications (informing the court why, despite having committed the offence, you should not be penalised); and
- Appeals against conviction and/or sentence.
Ian offers affordable fixed-fee representation. This fee depends upon the type of charge and whether it will progress as a guilty-plea or a not-guilty plea case where a trial will be necessary and includes:
- Obtaining your instructions;
- Attendance at court;
- Requesting and considering the evidence in your case;
- Providing advice in relation to plea and likely sentence, including Ancillary Orders;
- Representing the defence case and/or providing assistance in obtaining evidence and mitigating any penalties that the court may impose;
- Consideration of any exceptional hardship or special reasons arguments that should be made; and
- Travel and disbursements.
Ian offers a free initial 20 minute telephone consultation, after which he will only charge for the work he undertakes on your behalf. This can be paid for at each stage in order to minimise up front outlay and unexpected costs.
As Ian recognises that it is often difficult to find spare time during the day, if more convenient for his clients he is willing to meet in the evenings or at the weekend - whether in person, on-line or by telephone.
Ian has a litigation extension so is able to carry out all the functions of a solicitor as well as acting as your barrister.