I am an immigration and civil law barrister with particular expertise in unlawful detention, EEA, asylum and nationality law. I do both immigration applications and appeal hearings. I am extremely thorough in my approach and ensure the case is prepared in the highest light possible.
I am extremely thorough and conscientious. I adopt a hands-on, practical approach to your problems and ensure that you know and understand what is happening at each stage of the process. You can expect realistic, cost-sensitive and practical advice. I am dedicated to working hard for my clients and you can instruct me at any stage of the case. I have extensive court experience and I aim to make the process as understandable and as stress-free as possible.
I am easy to communicate with, accessible and do not blind my clients with science. By far the bulk of my clients like and appreciate me and are very happy and satisfied with the work I perform on their behalf.
Costs: I charge fixed fees which I agree in advance with you at each and every stage so that you get no surprises.
- A multi-track unlawful detention case where a Claimant was held in immigration detention for 45 months.
- A proposed judicial review of a refusal to naturalise a prominent international professor on the grounds of good character.
- An appeal relating to the refusal of an asylum case under Article 1F (war crimes)
- Fresh claim for an Applicant who was appeal rights exhausted, who suffered from severe psychosis and HIV.
- A proposed judicial review of a refusal to grant indefinite leave to remain of a Tier 1 entrepreneur due to allegations of TOEIC fraud.
- An overseas adoption case regarding two children, which involved concerns of child abduction.
- A proposed judicial review of a refusal to register children born to a surrogate mother as British citizens.
- An application to naturalise adopted children as British.
I specialise in all areas of immigration law including:
- Citizenship, Nationality and Right of Abode
- European Community Law ( EU Law/ EU Settlement Scheme)
- Human Rights Law
- Visits and Temporary Purposes
- Families, partners and children including family reunion
- Refugees, asylum, humanitarian protection, discretionary leave & Statelessness
- Detention and Bail
- Points Based Applications & Administrative Reviews
- Appeals to First Tier and Upper Tier tribunal
- Appeals to the Court of Appeal
- Judicial Reviews
What my clients say
“Even if we lose today, I won’t be as upset as I saw how you fought my case. I am so lucky to have you as my barrister”- Asylum Seeker
“After several years of trying to regularise my stay in the UK through assistance from various lawyers, I thank God that Evin came to my assistance. I cannot thank her enough. She didn’t just treat my case as part of a 9-5 job. She really went above and beyond to prepare my case in a clear and concise way. I cannot thank her enough”- Human Rights Client
“Always reliable. One of the few barristers who always makes herself available, even if she has several other cases on the go”- Immigration Solicitor
“Rest assured Mr X, your barrister has been very helpful and covered every possible point there is to cover in your case.”- Immigration Judge
“That was one of the most persuasive advocacy I have seen from a Pupil in a long time. Please pass my comments on to your supervisor, she is very lucky to have you as a member of her Chambers and so is your client”- Immigration Judge, High Court Injunction