Planning (Residential)

What legal issues do I need to know?

Planning permission for residential development is a complex and important area for anyone who is going through the process. Whether you need planning permission to build an extension to your house or are thinking of a larger-scale residential development, there are many hoops through which you have to jump.

You will have to deal with planning authorities and may well have local political considerations, depending on which political party controls the Local Authority. You will also have to comply with the complex laws and regulations that apply to residential housing.

We can put you in touch with a barrister on myBarrister who is fully familiar with the legal environment and can assist you with any legal issue to do with residential planning.

Among other issues, your barrister will be able to advise you on:

  • planning applications and consents
  • changes of use
  • planning objections
  • planning appeals
  • Local Authority procedures
  • listed buildings and building regulations
  • enforcement notices

Why should I choose a barrister?

Barristers are experts in the law. They are best placed to advise you on your legal position, can advise you on the best course of action, draft legal documents, advise on formal proceedings and use his or her advocacy skills to argue your case to the highest standard in any court, tribunal or hearing, if that becomes necessary.

Which barrister should I choose?

If you need expert advice on a matter of planning for residential use, choose a barrister on myBarrister. Barristers will provide you with guidance so you that you know where you stand and can take the right decisions about what to do next.

Start your search here and you'll be in direct contact with a barrister within minutes.

Request callback