Housing in Multiple Occupation

What should I do if I need legal advice about housing in multiple occupation?

Individuals, Companies & Partnerships engaged in the business of renting properties in multiple occupation need good & thorough legal advice. They bear heavy duties to comply with the complicated legislation & breaches can be very expensive in terms of penalties, fines & costs. The law surrounding this area can be very complex & local authority lawyers specialising in this field are often told to clamp down on what they often mistakenly see as rogue landlords. In recent years, the boom in “buy-to-let” properties, where companies or individuals buy houses or flats with the specific purpose of letting them out to tenants, has become a growth area. Problems can arise if care in compliance is not taken.

The law in this area covers a wide range of issues on which you would be well advised to seek legal advice.


Compliance with often complicated statutes & provisions can be overbearing. MyBarrister barristers advise landlords, tenants, letting agents and managing agents on this area of the law. If you are a landlord renting out your property, whether a house or flat or more than one of either, or if you a tenant living in rented accommodation, you will have many rights and obligations.  


Why do I need a barrister who has detailed knowledge of the law involved in housing in multiple occupation?

Your housing in multiple occupation barrister will be able to advise you on your rights, whether you are a landlord or tenant. Barristers are experts in the law, are best placed to advise on the right course of action and will argue your case to the highest standard in any tribunal or court.  


Who is the best barrister for me?    

If you need expert advice on any housing in multiple occupation matter, choose a barrister on myBarrister. Barristers will provide you with guidance so you that you know where you stand and can take the right decisions about what to do next. We can put you in touch with a barrister who can advise you on any proceedings that you need to take or defend.


Request callback