Children and Custody

Do you have a child custody or access problem?


When the parents of children end their relationship, whether through divorce or separation, almost always the most difficult issue to resolve concerns the children. Arrangements for residence, contact and financial support can be resolved amicably, without the need to go to court, but sometimes, a court order is needed. As from April 2014, if the parents cannot agree on these things, there will need to be a “child arrangement order”, which is an order from the Court stipulating where and when the child or children should live and arrangements for contact. In this case, it is advisable to seek the advice of a barrister who can guide you through the process.


How can a barrister help me on matters of child custody?

myBarrister can put you in touch with a barrister who is an expert on family law and on everything to do with child custody. Your barrister can assist with the paperwork you need to complete and is experienced at arguing your case in court, if that becomes necessary. Getting it right the first time with a specialist barrister can save you time and money in the long run.

Is mediation right for me?

If the parents cannot reach agreement with one another about the arrangements about where the children will live and who will see them and when, it is worth considering mediation. myBarrister can connect you to specialists in mediation who can help you to reach a timely and cost-effective solution.


Who is the best barrister for me?

If you need expert advice on a child custody or contact matter, choose a barrister on myBarrister. Barristers will provide you with guidance so you that you know where you stand and can take the right decisions about what to do next. We can put you in touch with a barrister who can advise you on any proceedings that you need to take or defend.

Search for a barrister here, and you'll be in direct contact with a barrister within minutes.

Request callback